We provide an excellent service at a very competitive rate that includes:
- Administering of Oaths and Affidavits
- Attesting Signatures to Documents of a foreign jurisdiction
- Taking Evidence for Foreign Courts
- Verifying Translations from Foreign Languages
What is a Notary Public
A Notary Public is a public officer, appointed in Ireland by the Chief Justice, constituted to serve the public in non-contentious matters usually concerned with foreign or international business.
The Notary’s official acts are executed under their official seal and signature. The acts of Notaries Public have worldwide recognition. The Notary’s signature on certain documents, alone on certain documents may suffice.
There is no set fee for Notarial services. The Notary will charge a proper professional fee that reflects the cost of the Notary’s services in terms of time, skill and responsibility, similar to other professional service providers
Kevin P. Geraghty of Geraghty & Co. Solicitors, was appointed as a Notary Public by the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of the Republic of Ireland in 1995. His appointment covers both the County and the City of Galway and he is commissioned for life.
Kevin is is one of the longest standing and most experienced Notary Publics in the west of Ireland.
Davitt Geraghty of Geraghty & Co. is also a Notary Public. His appointment covers the counties of Galway, Clare, Mayo and Roscommon and he is commissioned for life.
The function of a Notary Public includes:
- Give Notarial Acts;
- Administering Oaths and take affidavits;
- Authenticating private and public documents;
- Attesting and verifying signatures to documents;
- Satisfying evidential or statutory requirements of foreign governments;
- Take Affirmations and Declarations
- Drawing up ships protests
- Protesting bills of exchange and promissory notes for non acceptance or non payments
- Draw up Powers of Attorney and other legal documents customarily prepared by Notaries Public
- Take evidence as a Commissioner for foreign courts and also verify translations from foreign language into the vernacular and vice versa
We’re Here To Help
At Geraghty & Co., Solicitors we have extensive experience in dealing with Court appearances at all levels.